Updated: May 22
Happy 1st day of Spring!
Spring Cleaning ( out with the old, in with the new).
With an interesting variety of fashion trends coming our way this season, it's time to make way in our closet for some new Spring staples. Like these beauties:
...But lets get a little deeper than the pile of clothes that'll soon be stacked on your floor post-cleaning..
It's a new Month, new season... the perfect opportunity to clean out all the excess shit in our lives. This doesn't just mean that horrible fringe top you got on sale at Nordstrom a few years ago.
I think a lot of us go about our days unaware of all the mental chaos built up over time. It's this drama and noise that leaves us irritable, negative, sad and overwhelmed.
This is why we're going to end the game AND start over for some mental cleaning.
for happier, more energized versions of ourselves... if you'd like to join me? :) I accept volunteers
1. Tackle tasks you've been putting off: Make a list of things you've been procrastinating with and get to it. A doctor's appointment, changing that light bulb, clearing out your fridge, doing your taxes, getting into a gym routine. Whatever is in your home, or life in general, that you've been putting off… do them, start them, get it over with. You'll feel that extra weight you didn't even realize you were carrying being lifted away with each completed task.
2. Create a vision board: we have more control over our lives than we think. I'm a firm believer in the law of attraction—and if you don’t know about it, I’d suggest reading the book or watching the movie “The Secret: The Law of Attraction”, it’ll give you an interesting perspective. But anyways back to the vision board-- what are your goals? What do you want to do and achieve this year? One night this week organize your thoughts: get a few magazines, cut out what speaks to you, paste it on a board, hang it up... keep your hopes and dreams in constant vision. Work towards them every day, make it happen.
3. Invest in positive, thought provoking books: man, these books keep me SANE. I highlight lines and fold over pages that resonate with me and whenever I'm going through a hard time or feeling particularly negative, I dive in. Sometimes just reading a few highlighted lines brings me the perspective I need. I also start off my day with a daily devotional, which some of you may have seen me post on my Insta story… such a great way to start the day! Instead of reaching for your phone to check social media first thing in the morning, feed your mind something a little more substantial:
6. THROW SHIT OUT: this kinda carries over from #5 – but does anyone else feel at peace in hotel rooms? I freaking love staying at hotels, and I think a big part of that is the simplicity of those rooms. Everything is pristine, tidy… you don’t have excess shit everywhere you look. Theres so much power in this! Go through your drawers, your closet, under your bed—throw out (or donate) everything that doesn't give value to your life.
When you're done, look around and notice how much more relaxed you feel.
For someone that struggles with anxiety, this step has been a game changer for me.
7. Join a community: we wouldn't get very far in life without help from other people... and life is so much more enjoyable when you have a great group of people to share a part of it with! This week, look into joining a group or community of some sort. This could be at church, a book club, a workout class... or even la perla Facebook group ;) witch is an amazing group of wonderful womens because we're all in this crazy life together, surround yourself with those that inspire, motivate and lift you up.
8. Tune in to what triggers you: check yourself and your negative thought patterns. What makes you sad? Pissed off? Are you holding on to any grudges? Still thinking of that fuck boy? Now's the time to do something about it. Bring full awareness to what brings you down so you can take action to avoid and/or let go.
The more we can rid our lives of anything negative, toxic, or unfulfilling ... the more space we'll have for love, light and positivity.
a happier, better version of yourself.
Happy Spring cleaning!!!